ad_libber Made with My Cool Signs.Net

Tiggery Pokery's Joy

>> Monday, September 08, 2008

There is a new tag in the offing. Tiggery Pokery, the tag collection, sniffs the air in anticipation, and leaps in joy. Its sense of smell is not mistaken. With the faintest waft of Vanilla, a tag drops out of the Sky, and Tiggery Pokery has a new member to add to our midst.

The tag requires the tagged one (Taggee? Taggered?) to write six quirks about oneself. Why people assume the entire world awaits with bated breath for a chance to read stuff like this, is a question I often ask myself in the middle of the night, but not often enough to deprive myself of the joy of adding tags to my repertoire. My six quirks, dear world, are:

  1. Trains obsess me. I firmly believe all great love stories begin on trains. As a teenager, I had hoped my one true love would dance on a train for me, but, apparently, stunts like that are dangerous. Hence, I have decided to make do with buying the biggest train set of the world to decorate my living room. If I ever have any guests, they will be made to play with it. I plan to include many tunnels, signals, and people trying to commit suicide on the tracks.
  2. I refuse to look at people directly while speaking to them. I believe it is a purely nervous reaction. In addition, I get very interesting views of knees. I am an expert on them now. However, I will make a very poor witness.
  3. I like eating chalks. I realize it is hardly a quirk, since most bloggers seem to like chalk. However, I also like to peel paint off the walls and eat it. I am not averse to some mud either.
  4. I talk too fast. Everyone complains, but to no avail. I think it is because my mental processes are too fast for my tongue to catch up with at a decent speed. I have seen receptionists blink in alarm and look around for help, and, if possible, translators. I have seen strong men wither under the stress. I have seen teachers pale and stutter. I have seen it all, and yet, as a friend remarks, I continue to spout white noise.
  5. I have an all-encompassing love for all things Tamil. It started with A.R.Rahman, went over to Mani Ratnam, and now includes anyone who claims to have anything to do with the State, even if the only Tamil connection they ever had was a maidservant whose son in law bought her a sari from Nalli's.
  6. I start dreaming about results exactly one month before they are supposed to come out. They act like an indicator, notifying me as regards the time I should begin to panic. In one of the more recent dreams, I dreamed I had swallowed my results whole, not unlike a sword-eater. However, when I woke up, I found my cellphone half way up my mouth, rather battered after the ordeal.


I tag everyone who might find their names mentioned in the blog list on the right hand side of this blog (thank you Dreamy, for the very handy suggestion). I also tag them who think this is the very tag, which completes their world.

12 scaly flippers:

What's In A Name ? 12:57 am, September 09, 2008  

You should take this tag once again, and again and again. And I am sure with every post we will be feted to a new array of hitherto unheard of madness which you pass in the name of 'quirks'.
Eating peeling paint and murk ??
Atrocious!

And Yes, that white-noise thing! You better marry a bovine doormat or anyone who satisfies any one of the two adjectives. Or else you will be suitably pre-emphasized and de-ephasized.

And that will be the end of that.

Amazing Graze 11:26 am, September 09, 2008  

oye, chalk & even mud is okay, but stop eating paint coz u'll get lead poisoning.
talking fast is a good thing coz that way most people won't know what you are saying & u'll stay out of trouble. =P
Liking all things Tamil is okay too... if u understand Tamil that is. =P

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ 1:13 pm, September 09, 2008  

You like Tamil tooo??!!.... :-D
hi5-hi5!
And yes,for some wierd reason most bloggers like chalk.

Llama 10:37 pm, September 09, 2008  

You eat chalk, paint, and you swallow results and cell phones! Whoa!

Abhishek 7:52 pm, September 11, 2008  

well, you've been tagged again as well.

vanilla sky 11:27 pm, September 11, 2008  

i too have an absolute love for trains, and a special love for two-some side berths

and when the whole world makes hue n cry over eye-contact being the first step towards success , here's me again , who'll join with you in the club

and yes, results, the warning of people around abt the deadliest possible outcome, a plea as not to snap ties with one

Sam 12:52 pm, September 13, 2008  

jeez!! chalk, paint and mud???? ewww....
as for tamil.. i'm in tamil land this very minute... wot say?? ;)
and how on earth did u endup wid ur pone in ur mouth????
btw, wot did it taste like??? :P

Asmi Saxena 8:04 pm, September 13, 2008  

The entire world does kind of "await with bated breath to read stuff like this". This is the stuff worth reading, actually! :D

Doubletake, Doublethink. 11:10 am, September 14, 2008  

i think i will start a new blog just for tags. and before i forget. you're tagged on the perfect-family tag on my blog. i may not have mentioned you, but you are.

Anushka 5:04 pm, September 14, 2008  

I suffer from point 4. which makes debating very difficult . and debating is something I do a LOT of the time.

ad libber 7:59 pm, September 14, 2008  

@WIAN
ei, very true. By the time I went to sleep, I remembered three more quirks I wanted to mention. Bovine doormat? Me with my dreams of a wife beating islander and you dare mention bovine doormats?

@amazing greys
I understand exactly twelve words of tamil.
Chuck lead poisoning, temme, is lead fattening?

@moo-lah
you like Tamil too? I apologize for calling you villain of the piece. You are Batman.

@poojo
:D

@abhishek
I have done them too, long time back :(

@vanilla sky
I like every bit of trains, but mostly riding on the roof (which, incidentally, I have not done yet, but want to whole heartedly)

@sam
Oh, I was dreaming I was swallowing my results, I guess, I ended up swallowing the phone in real life. It tasted very plastic-ky. And glassy.
You lucky man, you :(

@crepuscule colour
I know, amazing fun.

@doubletake
I saw it, You took more or less everyone I wanted. Anyway, I am your aunt apparently, for I have been in love with Ralph Fiennes's English Patient since forever.

@death on two legs
I never debate. I did once. Then it was pointed out no one realized which side I was on. I sort of gave up then.

dreamy 5:26 pm, September 30, 2008  

I know this is too late...but umm *blush* thanks for mentioning me on your blog :D

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP