ad_libber Made with My Cool Signs.Net

MIHYAP Contest #1

>> Saturday, February 13, 2010




So, the book has its first contest and some are being given away from free, a gesture always appreciated by students in perennially impecunious situations. Dear GB, when selecting the winners, do remember your fan base who go day after day barely surviving on hostel food. They are the salt of the earth, the ones who unblushingly aspire for pirated copies.

OK, I am not really sure what I meant to write as an introduction. I tend to digress a lot when it comes to hostel food.


The rules can be found here.

My top ten favourite movie lines are:

  1. Well, say something! You lousy bunch of bleedin' hearts. You're not goin' to intimidate me! I'm entitled to my own opinion! Rotten kids... you work your life out! No. Not guilty. Not guilty! (12 Angry Men)
  2. I guess this is just another lost cause, Mr. Paine. All you people don't know about lost causes. Mr. Paine does. He said once they were the only causes worth fighting for. And he fought for them once, for the only reason any man ever fights for them; because of just one plain simple rule: 'Love thy neighbor.'... And you know that you fight for the lost causes harder than for any other. Yes, you even die for them, like a man we both knew, Mr. Paine.You think I'm licked.You all think I'm licked.Well, I am not licked!I'll stay and fight for this lost cause. Even if this room gets filled with lies like these; and the Taylors and all their armies come marching into this place.. Somebody will listen to me. (Mr. Smith goes to Washington)
  3. I've never been alone with a man before, even with my dress on. With my dress off, it's MOST unusual. (Roman Holiday)
  4. Tonight, a comedian died in New York. (Watchmen)
  5. I guess that's how it crumbles, cookiewise. (The Apartment)
  6. I'll never be hungry again. (Gone with the wind) (Also, newly favoured due to the hostel food horror)
  7. I am Death (Seventh Seal)
  8. The Dude abides (Big Lebowski)
  9. Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room! (Dr. Strangelove)
  10. Everyone can be super! And when everyone's super, no one will be (The Incredibles)
I would like to thank Akasuna no sasori for tagging me with this. I also tag elfin void, amazing greys, What's in a name, Doleful Doledrums, arsenik. Those who do, please note :

a. On your blog, provide a link to this page. (http://greatbong.net/book) and tag 5 people.
b. Come over to the comment-space of this post and post your blog’s link so it can be read.

3 scaly flippers:

Amazing Graze 10:39 am, February 13, 2010  

may the best lines win!
heh heh. thanks for tagging me. lemme see if i can find some nice lines.

Hatturi Hanzo 12:29 am, March 16, 2010  

ooh! I didn't read this before. I shall promptly do this :D and nice quotes btw, especially the ones from 12 angry men, watchmen and dr.strangelove :)

reema 11:23 am, September 26, 2017  

Thank you so much for share.This amazing post.
Wedding photographer in jaipur

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP